Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Perspective

Wow.  That post this morning was a real downer.  It is scary what goes on in my head sometimes, but that is why I have the blog.  So I can get what is in my head, out, and then I can gain some much needed (scary word) PERSPECTIVE.

It does not always work.  This morning it worked great.  I got it all out in print where I could go over it instead of letting it build up and make me crazy.  I wrote Vincent an email telling all of what was going on in my head, and since I had already worked through it I could do it with some much needed (surprise, surprise) perspective.

I gave some thought to how he feels and how I could be honest and open with him without accusing and being mean.  I think that I did a bang up job of it if I do say so myself.  We are getting there.  He is such a wonderful man.  I don't know if he has read the email.  I know that he has had a really rough day.  Instead of telling him to suck it up and how hard I had it I told him how sorry I was and that I would be here at the end of the day to help him feel better.  In turn, instead of withdrawing or being an ass he called to see if I wanted him to pick up chicken for dinner and he was open and loving.

I have probably read a million posts discussing why it is that we do ttwd.  I can tell you why in two words.  It works.  It takes care of all the crap that gets in the way and allows us to just focus on our love for each other.  I have never been more grateful for one single day than I am for the day that I found DD.

;p

No comments:

Post a Comment